* Events and details subject to change.
- This event has passed.
Valley of the Latte Kids’ Summer Culture Camp 2023
June 19 @ 9:00 am - July 14 @ 2:00 pm$425
The Details: $425 per Camper per 2-week session | 2 Classes per Session | 25 Campers per Class max | Age Range 7 to 13 | Monday through Friday: 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Get ready for an adventure like no other—at the Valley of the Latte’s Culture Camp! In our summer adventures, campers get outside to explore habitats, discover wildlife, connect with friends, and create new memories. Led by experienced educators, campers learn about our island’s history, beauty, and culture in the unique and magical setting of the Valley. Campers will have an amazing amount of fun participating in great workshops and activities throughout their Culture Camp Days!
Campers will learn:
- how to create both practical and beautifully decorative woven items from Coconut leaves, Pago Fiber, and Akgak. Campers will learn how to identify leaves for weaving, understand the differences and the different uses of each type, and connect it all with the rich cultural heritage of our people.
- how to select, husk and prep freshly picked Coconuts for Coconut Candy making and other uses of the Coconut.
- how to care for the local wildlife and how to become an ally of wildlife conservation. Campers will learn about the historical and cultural significance of our island’s animal life while they care for and feed the animals every day.
- how to carefully explore the beautiful surrounding areas and leave only footprints. Campers will engage in basic hiking safety and best practices, learn about the cultural significance of the local area, and embark on guided hikes through the valley while carefully documenting their environments. An ecologically friendly tour is a great benefit after being couped up this past year.
- how to carefully Kayak with basic kayaking safety, lessons on paddling, steering, and navigation. Campers will truly be amazed as they embark on guided tours over the calm and cool waters of the only navigable riverways on the island.
We will be offering Two (2) 2-week sessions.
– June 19th to June 30th
– July 3rd to July 14th
Monday through Friday: 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
The safety of our campers, staff, plants, and animals continues to be our top priority. We have implemented safety protocols aligned with guidelines provided by the CDC and local Public Health Authorities. All staff and campers are required to follow the recommended guidelines. The Valley of the Latte is also Guam Safe Certified! Guam Safe Certified is the official Guam designation that says the Valley of the Latte takes care and pride in following government and industry pandemic guidelines.
Space is limited, so don’t miss out on this great outdoor cultural adventure experience!
We’re looking forward to welcoming our campers back to the great outdoors!
*Activities are subject to change based on weather and other environmental conditions.
*Must book 2 weeks prior to desired Summer Camp Session.