Valley of the Latte
Reviving an Ancient Art during I'netnon Man Tao Tao Micronesia
Si Yu’os Ma’ase to the Artists and Vendors that joined us on the Event day. To register for our Cultural Events we ask that Artists, Vendors, and local businesses provide an item that can be used as part of our Giveaway for guests to enjoy. The Valley of the Latte has also provided 16 additional prizes, for a total of 40 amazing giveaway prizes!
We will be announcing the winners later this week and contacting the randomly selected winners via email. So check your emails, stay tuned on social media, and good luck! If you’re one of our lucky winners, please call us at 1.671.789.3342 to schedule a pick-up time. Our hours of operation are Tuesday through Sunday from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
Winners and corresponding prizes are listed below.
- Winner: Jedon D. – A Purple Flower Lei
- Winner: Betty S. – A Blue Flower Lei
- Winner: Veronica B. – A Flower Crown
- Winner: Christine M. -A Flower Crown
- Winner: Erika R. -Latte in the Marianas Book provided by Guampedia
- Winner: Maria L.G. -Latte in the Marianas Book provided by Guampedia
- Winner: Ms. Joey S. – Guam Treasures doll and Neni, Nana, and Tata at the Ranch in Guam
- Winner: Myracle M. – Guam Treasures doll and Neni, Nana, and Tata at the Ranch in Guam
- Winner: Richina M. -Chocolate House Matted Print provided by Viktoria Sayrs
- Winner: Preston E. – Matching Guam necklace and dangly earring set provided by Love By Libby
- Winner: Brittany A. – Guam Keychain and Versatile Accessory provided by Love by Libby
- Winner: Rose B. – Matching Guam Necklace and Stud Earrings provided by Love By Libby
- Winner: Bridget R. – Scrunchie and $20 Gift Card provided by Honey Threads
- Winner: Jeanette M. –Wristlet Keychain and $20 Gift card provided by Honey Threads
- Winner: Helen W, – Chamorro pottery necklace provided by Justin Green
- Winner: Everlee D. –Gold Guam Seal Necklace provided by Chevelle Serena
- Winner: Clare J-B. – Shell Carved Turtle Necklace provided by Ekanohi Polynesia Artisana
- Winner: Jenny J. – Body cream provided by Mantanona’s Lanan Niyoc
- Winner: Jamie L. – Coconut Oil provided by Mantanona’s Lanan Niyoc
- Winner: Gievonnie E. – Gnome provided by The GnomeMade Gallery
- Winner: Sharlalyn P. – Sarong and Soap Bar provided by Isla Rae
- Winner: Jennifer B. – Guampedia gift bag: poster, 2 sets of 5 postcards, and Guampedia sticker provided by Guampedia
- Winner: Rogelio S. – Guampedia gift bag: poster, 2 sets of 5 postcards, and Guampedia sticker provided by Guampedia
- Winner: Jerren M. – A Pop-Up Canopy provided by GUMA
- Winner: Dylan J. – One (1) Coupon for the Adventure River Cruise. Value per coupon at $110 provided by the Valley of the Latte
- Winner: Frances C. – One (1) Coupon for the Adventure River Cruise. Value per coupon at $110 provided by the Valley of the Latte
- Winner: Christine M. – One (1) Coupon for the Adventure River Cruise. Value per coupon at $110 provided by the Valley of the Latte
- Winner: NormaJean O. – One (1) coupon for the Adventure Kayaking Tour. Value per Coupon at $110 provided by the Valley of the Latte. *Must be accompanied by one paying guest.
- Winner: Ykhyristian D. – One (1) coupon for the Adventure Kayaking Tour. Value per Coupon at $110 provided by the Valley of the Latte. *Must be accompanied by one paying guest.
- Winner: Melissa C. – One (1) coupon for the Adventure Kayaking Tour. Value per Coupon at $110 provided by the Valley of the Latte. *Must be accompanied by one paying guest.
- Winner: Irene L.G. – One (1) deer plush toy provided by the Valley of the Latte
- Winner: Eric R. – One (1) deer plush toy provided by the Valley of the Latte
- Winner: Angeline P. – One (1) deer plush toy provided by the Valley of the Latte
- Winner: Darlene M. – One (1) deer plush toy provided by the Valley of the Latte
- Winner: Pr K. – One (1) deer plush toy provided by the Valley of the Latte
- Winner: Whitney B. – One (1) Waterproof Phone Carrier provided by the Valley of the Latte
- Winner: Dan L. – One (1) Waterproof Phone Carrier provided by the Valley of the Latte
- Winner: Nick S. – One (1) Waterproof Phone Carrier provided by the Valley of the Latte
- Winner: Eunzu S. – One (1) Waterproof Phone Carrier provided by the Valley of the Latte
- Winner: Leila D. – One (1) Waterproof Phone Carrier provided by the Valley of the Latte
In the News:
I'netnon Man Taotao Micronesia
Experience the Gathering of the People from Micronesia
Brought to you by the Guam Visitors Bureau, the Mayors of Talo'fo'fo and Inalahan and their partners, the Valley of the Latte, Jeff's Pirates Cove, and the Country Club of the Pacific.
The FREE Event is on Saturday, August 5, 2023 from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Join Us at:
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: At 11:00 AM Zhiting Lee will be performing at the Valley of the Latte! Be sure to plan ahead and try to get to the Valley of the Latte by at least 10:00 AM to be transported to the main performance grounds in time!
The Valley of the Latte:
From 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM, enjoy Riverboat tours, cultural performances, local artisans/vendors, food, and non-alcoholic beverages.
Jeff's Pirates Cove:
From 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM, enjoy a delicious breakfast at Jeff’s. Then keep the party going all day with great food, refreshing drinks/cocktails, and a beach volleyball competition (Guam Volleyball Federation) from 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM.
Live Music by Micronation: Nationwide Vibes.
Parking is to be provided at the Talo’fo’fo Bay and Jeff’s Pirates Cove with Shuttle Services operating all day between all 3 locations!
Main Event Flyer
Main Event Schedule
*Event Schedule Subject to Change.
The Guam Micronesia Island Fair (GMIF) presents I’netnon Man Taotao Micronesia (Gathering of the people from Micronesia) on August 5, 2023 from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. at three different locations in southern Guam.
The event is sponsored by the Guam Visitors Bureau (GVB), in partnership with the Valley of the Latte Adventure Park, Jeff’s Pirates Coves, Country Club of the Pacific, and the mayors of Talo’fo’fo and Inalåhan. I’netnon Man Taotao Micronesia showcases the unique cultural heritage of Micronesia in the southern part of Guam while celebrating the customs, traditions, food, and art of the islands.
“We’re excited to work with Dave Tydingco from Valley of the Latte, Jeff Pleadwell from Jeff’s Pirates Cove, Jon Cramer from Country Club of the Pacific, Mayor Tony Chargualaf, Mayor Vicente Taitague and their teams to bring I’netnon Man Taotao Micronesia to our island residents and visitors,” said GVB President & CEO Carl T.C. Gutierrez. “This event may not be GMIF, but we are still creating the opportunity to experience Micronesia’s diverse and vibrant cultures while featuring the attractions that make southern Guam stand out. We invite everyone to join us on August 5 to learn more about our interwoven history and heritage with our brothers and sisters from Micronesia.”
On August 5, event-goers can choose between three sites of family-friendly activities associated with this event. Valley of the Latte will offer riverboat tours, cultural performances, handmade crafts sold by local artisans/vendors, local delicacies, and non-alcoholic beverages from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Jeff’s Pirates
Cove will have breakfast from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. with assorted menu offerings and drinks and play host to a beach volleyball competition from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. The Country Club of the Pacific golf course will host an opening tee-off and Sling Stone throwing competition from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at its location.
Parking will be provided at Talo’fo’fo Bay and Jeff’s Pirates Cove with shuttle services operating all day between all three locations. The Shuttles will operate from 08:30 AM to 5:00 PM and run every 15 minutes at each location.
For more information go to https://www.valleyofthelatte.com/inetnon-man-taotao-micronesia/.
Vendors that wish to participate in this GVB-sponsored event can still register at https://www.valleyofthelatte.com/inetnon-man-taotao-micronesia-vendor-registration/
ENTER TO WIN:
Those attending I’netnon Man Taotao Micronesia can win an item, discount, service, or other special gift from vendors. To participate in this event giveaway, fill out the online form at https://www.valleyofthelatte.com/inetnon-man-taotao-micronesia-giveaway-entry/. Winners will be selected at random at the end of the giveaway period.
Keep the Cultural Adventures going with an outdoor cultural workshop at the Valley of the Latte!
Currently Registered Vendors:
Our top priority remains in strengthening Chamoru identity, devoting our efforts to seeking new resources implementing a culturally rich foundation. For us, to protect, perpetuate, and generate cultural knowledge and practices, begins with families, and most importantly, their children. Having a better understanding of CHamoru culture implies a shared bond among our children and belonging to a community. It represents our bond to Guam’s past, present, and future, allowing our children to have a stronger sense of their identity so that they may be proud and contribute to its development.
The Potter’s Studio
Welcome to our vibrant Potter’s studio, where creativity and cultural immersion intertwine. Based in Tumon, we offer daily lessons for locals and tourists, providing an enchanting opportunity to explore pottery while promoting our rich local culture. Our experienced artists guide you through traditional techniques, sharing the secrets of shaping clay and creating intricate designs. Beyond the lessons, our studio fosters a sense of community, where connections are made, stories are shayred, and friendships are forged. Join us in unleashing your creativity, immersing yourself in our local culture, and experiencing the joy of pottery in our welcoming and inspiring space.
My name is Kaitlin Ngeremokt McManus. Im mostly known as Kaity. I am a Chamorro, Palauan Artist, Mother, Art Teacher, Face Painter and Activist. My art is inspired by life in Micronesia and the deivine feminine. I often do gigs as a face painter and party decorator with Lorzalyn Artistry. I teach High School Art ar Career Tech Academy High Charter School in Agat. I do up to 3 commissions of paintings and drawings a month while also building up work for my solo art exhibit that will be in 2 years.
Viktoria B. Sayrs
Viktoria B. Sayrs has been selling her art since 2002, but a passion for the visual arts runs goes back three generations in her family.
“I started painting when I was two years old,” said Sayrs, a resident of Merizo. “My mother was a painter, and my grandmother before that.”
She paints and produces prints depicting the natural beauty and simplicity of island life. With pieces that appeal to locals and off-islanders alike, she welcomes the Holiday Crafts Fair, citing it as one of the top art fairs on Guam throughout the year.
Guampedia, Guam’s Online Encyclopedia, is a community project that highlights the unique CHamoru heritage and history of Guam and the Mariana Islands. Through peer-reviewed entries and accompanying media, Guampedia provides an important educational and informational resource for Guam teachers and schoolchildren, for CHamorus living away from Guam, for visitors to our island, and for those who want a richer understanding of our island and its people. It debuted on 10 April 2008.
Guampedia, Inc. is an independent nonprofit organization established in 2009. The organization is led by a volunteer Board of Directors and a small, but dedicated, staff that maintains the Guampedia website (www.guampedia.com) and organizes its activities.
Owned by Monica T. Mantanona from Inalåhan, Guam. Our line of coconut oil products consists of two items for now. The first is our 100% pure Coconut Oil which is manufactured 100% locally. The Body Cream is made of our coconut oil, local honey beeswax, and aloe vera gel. The body cream is also manufactured 100% locally. Both products are a holistic approach to skin care here at home.
I am a Guam artist and resident of Guam since 1964. MA in Art and English, University of Guam. Certificate in Drawing, School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Certificate in Painting, School of the Art Institute of Chicago. Frequent exhibitor in UOG “Creative Hands” Biennial Juried Exhibit, and several time Best of Show awardee. Education: University of Kansas BS, University of Missouri JD, Saint Mary of the Woods College MA.
Handmade sand jewelry sourced from various beaches on Guam. Perfectly represent Guam’s amazing sea landscaping.
We began our specialization in chic local-inspired jewelry but have recently ventured into apparel and stationary items such as stickers, zipper pouches, totebags, crewnecks, and t-shirts, all of which have quirky and relatable CHamoru phrases.
Judy Flores creates art especially focused on Guam and Micronesia. Her art is collected by local businesses and private clients locally and internationally. She is represented by Framed,Etc in Hagatna (671-477-7873), and online at www.guambatikgallery.com.
Hello island friends,
I am a stay at home mama who enjoys making handmade items from the heart. I started making gnomes because of my own collection. I love them and want to share them with this beautiful island. My gnomes are one of a kind and each are individual. If you are looking for the perfect souvenir or gift then my gnomes are perfect for you. I can also customize any gnome to fit the style or theme you are looking for. You can find my shop on Instagram and Facebook!!
Niejem creations is a home based business that provides custom apparels to all occations. You dream it we create it is out motto. Niejem creations was founded during the midst of the pandemic 4 years ago. Our designs promotes the beauty history of the islands to the outside world.
My name is Anica Mateo and I am the sole owner of getglammedgu. We have been creating beauty products since 2019. We are the first guam brand to curate at home lash extension kits and many more. We carry a variety of quality 18k gold plated jewelry and other beauty related items.
I work for the Government of Guam full Time and I raised my 3 kids all by myself. I have decided one day during the lock down during the COVID what I would like to do with my life so I decided to open up a small business yes it’s hard work. But I believe I can succeed.
Tekanohi Polynesia Artisana
Ms. Tepura Tuiho is origally from Tahiti. Her hand sewn designs are inspried by Tahiti and Guam. Her collection stems from shell and mother pearl necklaces, sinahi, mwarmar, leis, and bracelets. She sells her creations at markets on the weekends and ongoing events throughout the year. She often sells coconut oil as well as ocean pearls from Tahiti.
Guam Treasures Neni dolls and books are locally-designed cultural heritage-inspired gifts from Guam. guam-treasures.com
We are a small home-based business located on the island of Guam. We hand make quality scrunchies and accessories with love for the everyday outfit to complete the best look anytime, anywhere. Stand out whether it be in the office, a classroom, at the beach, or grocery store and express yourself with a scrunchie from Hunny!
I have always been inspired to create and my love for jewelry and accessories felt like the perfect way to express my creativity and love for my culture.